Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Empty Nest






At 6:22 am this morning all children were dressed for school (We didn't have to leave until 8:00 am) By 7:00 am everyone had eaten breakfast and they were ready to go. Our baby started kindergarten this morning and Blake started 2nd grade. It's 9:45 and the house is quiet. The only sounds are the dishwaher and my fingers typing on the computer keys.
Our children were both sent off to school this morning happy and excited for what the new year will bring. Jeramie and I are excited for them, but sad that they are growing up so quickly. We both prayed that each one of our boys will have a wonderful first day at school. They have both been blessed with teachers who are the best of the best since they began school and this year is no exception. They are so lucky!
What will I do today? No need to worry about that.... I will run errands on a week day by myself for the first time in over 7 years! I will read my daily devotion without fear of interruption and fold laundry without anyone knocking over the piles with a light saber. I will smile each time I think of their darling faces and know that it won't be long until it's time to pick them up and hear all about their first day. I will post pictures soon!
Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it

2 comments:

  1. It is sure bitter sweet for me to see these pictures!! How cute they both are all ready for school! I am sure they are going to have a great year and I know you are going to enjoy those quiet hours to yourself!! I am so glad to be able to keep up with you guys this way... thanks for blogging!! :) Please tell the boys hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! STOP MAKING ME CRY. :)

    ReplyDelete