Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Integrity and Christ-Like Spirit with a side of Sense of Humor

Blake and Mrs. K
Blake, Jeramie and Stacy after the awards ceremony

Jake, Blake and Ben... friends since pre-school!
Blake's 2nd grade awards ceremony was Tuesday, May 25th. Mrs. Kilmurray called each student up to the stage one by one and read something that she had written about each child. She had a lot of wonderful and positive things to say about Blake (an entire page) so I won't re-type the page. I will tell you some of the things she did say about Blake though: Blake always has the desire to do what is right, Blake is not swayed to do what the crowd is doing, he has his own sense of self and will not compromise his beliefs, he is kind and considerate, he is respectful and polite, he is honest, he admits to his mistakes and learns from them, he kept us laughing with jokes all year, he has perfect comedic timing, he has been dubbed "The President" in our class. Blake received the award for Integrity, and Christ-Like Spirit with a side of Sense of Humor. We pray that these qualities stick with him throughout his life-time and that as the years go by he continues to desire to do what is right and not be swayed to do what the crowd is doing. As far as the side of sense of humor, we all know who he gets that from now don't we?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Stacy and family!!!! It is so fun to catch up with you on your blog!! I am so proud of Blake, what wonderful things his Second Grade Teacher had to say about him!!! He makes his First Grade Teacher very proud!! It's so fun to see pictures of him and the boys, they are getting so tall!!! Hope the Summer is treating you well. I am enjoying every minute of it. I am sure I will see you at a Beauty Society Party one of these days! ; ) I won't give up on you, I know you are very busy!!!

    ReplyDelete