Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Monday, November 23, 2009

DENIED

I have had a lot of phone calls and emails over the past few days asking about how my MRI went last week. Well, without going into my opinion about healthcare, let's just say the request was denied. I am only 35 years old and there was nothing significantly wrong with my mammogram. I do have a 22% chance of breast cancer invading my life at some point in time, but apparently that is not enough for those who rule Blue Cross. If breast cancer is found, any treatment needed would cost a great deal more than an MRI, but that small detail has not been considered by anyone other than me. What's next? Well, I wait. The Dr. has resubmitted the request and I will know by tomorrow. I have a new appointment scheduled for Wednesday, November 25th IF it is approved. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and phone calls.
I do appreciate them..... and you!

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's a bunch of cr@p! Lovely. That really pi$$es me off!!!! I'll be praying that the second request will go through. If not, I'm sure your doctor will find a way to do something else to ensure that you are healthy and give you peace of mind. Love you....

    ReplyDelete