Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Friday, July 31, 2009

More of the same....

Ah, the lazy days of summer!
There is a lizard under that leaf... they have just saved it from the pool!
Blake, Aiden and Jack filling up water balloons!
Aiden, Brooklyn, Jack and Blake taking a break in the shade.
Aiden, J.P. and Blake 
This week began with a trip to "Bakeryfield" according to Aiden.  Our friends Rebecca and Logan moved to Bakersfield almost two years ago.  Jeramie had to work there on Monday, so we took a family field trip. 
Logan filled up water balloons for the kids and pretty much took care of everything while Rebecca and I took complete advantage of talking the day away.  Friendship is such an important part of life and in these busy days of raising children, most conversations are interrupted for one reason or another.... not on Monday though!  Thank you again Logan and Rebecca! We had a really great time in Bakeryfield!!!!  
Our summer has pretty much consisted of swimming, playing, hanging out with friends, building forts, sleeping in sleeping bags in the living room and trying to save a drowning lizard from the pool (not me, the kids)  
I have amazing memories of my summers as a child.  The days were filled with playing outside with the kids in the neighborhood, swim lessons (and the high dive), trips to get ice cream at Thrifty, making homemade ice cream with my parents and eating dinner outside in the backyard!  
I really don't think that life gets much better than playing outside in the sunshine, sharing a meal with friends, and knowing that your only worry is, "I wonder what mom has planned for tomorrow....."  

No comments:

Post a Comment