Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Family picture day November, 2008
Cancun June, 2009
Christmas Day, 2007
Blake's first day of Kindergarten, September, 2007
 Pre-school Christmas Program December, 2006

Today is our TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY! ( I wish I knew how to post our wedding pictures.) Jeramie and I have had an amazing 10 years of marriage.  A relationship that began as a friendship almost 14 years ago turned into a wonderful marriage with my best friend. Throughout the past ten years we have seen each other through just about every kind of life change.  We have family who would do anything for us, two amazing children, jobs that we love, a church that we can truly call home and a wonderful group of friends. 
 We refer to our family tree as a bonzai tree because of all of the different directions life has taken our family over the past ten years.  At the end of the day, we are the one constant for each other, even if life has taken us around several unexpected turns. 
We have laughed together, cried together, prayed together, tested each other, learned together, triumphed together, and today we continue to build a bond that grows stronger with each passing day.  We have owned 2 homes, 9 cars (I know, someone really likes new cars), 1 dog, several lizards that won't leave our backyard and Jeramie has made 4 job changes over the past 10 years.   I had intended to post a short look back at what life has been since July 24, 1999, but it was not very exciting reading material for a blog post.  
I am so thankful each day for the life that God continues to provide for our family.  The years have gone by quickly and each year is filled with memories that I will cherish always.  I often joke with Jeramie and tell him that he wouldn't last 5 minutes without ME and although that may hold partial truth, I know that I couldn't last 5 minutes without HIM either!!!  
Thank you Jeramie for agreeing to have a professional family picture taken every year even though I know it's not your favorite thing to do, thank you for making coffee (or going to Starbucks) everyday, thank you for listening to my stories (yes, I do realize that I talk a lot!), thank you for being the best father in the world to our children, thank you for being patient, thank you for understanding how much I love celebrating my birthday, thank you for supporting my decisions, thank you for being an incredible gift giver (it is my love language after all), thank you for your friendship, thank you for GPS because I have NO sense of direction,  thank you for asking me to marry you ELEVEN years ago, thank you for loving me for better or for worse!
There are many, many more things I could thank you for, but you get the idea....I love you!
Happy Anniversary!!!!  



1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary you guys!! I'm glad Jeremie speaks your love language Stacy...he is a great gift giver! 10 years has flown by and it's wonderful to see that you two continue to have a strong marriage. Love you!

    ReplyDelete