Life Lessons

I do the best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep doing so until the end.
-Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer of milestones





This summer marks 3 large milestones for me personally.  I am going to be 35, our ten year wedding anniversary is at the end of July, and my mom passed away 5 years ago in August.  I am thrilled, of course, about our wedding anniversary.  I am so in love with my husband and love the family and life that we have created together.  
My 35th birthday is bittersweet.  Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE my birthday more than most people.  I try to celebrate with several different groups of people to make my one special day into an entire week if possible!  This birthday also means that I have to have my first mammogram due to my family history.  I have already tried to make an appointment once, but started crying at the thought of it and hung up.  
The final milestone is the most difficult.  My mom has been gone five years on August 18th.  I can't believe it's been that long.  I still think about calling her every once in a while and never imagined that after 5 years, I would still  be reaching for the phone.  I am blessed to have
an amazing family as well as friends who are like family who understand what I am going through and still lend a listening ear when I am having a hard time.  
I started this blog back in May and then deleted it because it was thoroughly depressing.  This is a new start... one to document my thoughts and feelings about life with ALL BOYS and the general events in our life.  Come back and visit soon!  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogdom. :o) I can't wait to hear all of your stories, even if they don't seem exciting to you! Love you bunches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAM-O-GRAM! MAM-O-GRAM! ...and while you are there let them draw a little blood for some silly little test. OK, OK, I know I'm pushing it. Maybe next year. You're welcome for getting your birthday ball rolling on July 1st. Just claim it birthday month!! You and I have a date to celebrate with some dessert the last week of July. Maybe I'll be able to claim starting & ending birthday month with you. Let's do it for many many more years, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! Blogging for you!
    Love you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete